Teaching and Learning - is based on:
- a mutual, collaborative relationship between staff, students and home tutors
- the belief that all students can learn and achieve their potential
- home tutors, students and teachers all sharing a responsibility for a child’s learning
- the individual needs of students being recognised and addressed
- curriculum that is culturally and developmentally appropriate and has real life application.
Students – we value and aim to ensure that our students:
- are responsible, self motivated learners
- enjoy school
- give their best at all times and be willing to help others
- have strong social and communication skills
- are healthy and fit.
Teachers – at SIDE Primary School are professional and committed to:
- providing a safe and caring environment that ensures they make a difference to each and every student
- quality teaching and learning and to developing each child to their full potential
- concept of team and actively contribute towards it
- the notion of life long learning
- establishing and maintaining a close, collaborative partnership with home tutors to ensure the very best learning can occur.
- value quality education and recognise their unique role in distance education
- are supportive of the school and value the concept of parents as partners
- ensure each child in our school is provided with every opportunity to achieve their true potential.